Asphalt Shingle Roofs
A Leader in Asphalt Shingle Roofing in Cape Coral, FL
Asphalt shingle roofing is the most common and most affordable option available in Cape Coral, making it an excellent choice for a sturdy, reliable roof. However, what you may not know is that there are a variety of options within the asphalt category to choose from, so you will have further decisions to make; from choosing between asphalt roofing companies to picking the perfect color shingles for your home.
Trademark Roofing is your Cape Coral roofing company that’s committed to providing our local community with only the best in asphalt shingle roofing. We’ll assist you every step of the way, and our top-rated team is sure to do excellent work. Using quality materials and settling for nothing less than exceptional quality, we’re confident you’ll be thrilled with your new roof.
Call us today at 239-848-6613 to schedule a free consultation with one of our experts to learn more about our asphalt roof services.
Types of Asphalt Shingle Roofs
There are three types of asphalt shingles to consider: three-tab asphalt shingles, architectural asphalt shingles, and premium asphalt shingles.
- Three-tab Asphalt Shingles: These shingles are phasing out of the market in SWFL due to the inferior quality and lack of wind rating. You can identify these shingles on the roof by their cutouts which make them look like three separate pieces.
- Architectural Asphalt Shingles: Laminated with an additional asphalt layer and bonded with asphalt sealant, they have a more defined, structural look and are more durable and waterproof than three-tab asphalt shingles. They’re also energy efficient while notably increasing the value of your home and they can last up to 50 years.
- Premium Asphalt Shingles: As the name suggests, these are luxury versions of asphalt shingle roofing. Created to emulate high-end cedar or slate roofing, they’re still about ten times cheaper.
In addition to these three types, there are also different materials that your shingles could be made of:
- Fiberglass Shingles: Made with a combination of woven fiberglass as the base, asphalt coating, and ceramic granules on top, these materials create a waterproof and UV-protectant shingle while also being extremely lightweight and thin due to its lower amounts of asphalt.
- Organic Mat-based Shingles: This kind of asphalt shingle roofing has a recycled felt paper layer for its base. They’ll be heavier, thicker, and slightly more expensive than fiberglass shingles but they’re also more rugged and flexible. Downsides include being less fire resistant and susceptible to warping.
Call us today for a free consultation with one of our skilled asphalt roofing contractors to help you decide which type of roofing is best for your home.
The Pros and Cons of Asphalt Shingle Roofing
When making your decision about the type of roofing you prefer, there will be pros and cons with any choice, and it’s best to know what to expect with each roofing type.
- Affordability: In conjunction with the financing options that we have at Trademark Roofing, it’s a no-brainer for homeowners on a budget. With proper installation and maintenance, a quality roof doesn’t have to break the bank.
- Color Variety: It comes in a wide variety of colors as well, ranging from neutrals like shades of grey and brown to more statement colors like blue and polychromatic hues. Depending on how much you want to spend, you can even choose asphalt shingle roofing that emulates wood or slate.
- Simple Installation: Also, asphalt shingle roof repair is relatively simple since you can install new shingles on top of existing shingles, assuming that there aren’t more than two layers underneath already and that the roof deck is in decent condition. However, in general, asphalt shingle roofing lasts up to 20 years.
- Non-environmentally friendly: Asphalt shingles are not recyclable without releasing potentially harmful emissions, and because it won’t last as long as some other roofing types, asphalt shingle roofing contributes to quite a lot of waste.
- Susceptible to Weather: Wide ranging temperatures, both hot and cold, as well as extreme weather conditions, can cause cracks and warping of some asphalt shingle types.
Want to learn more? Get a free estimate scheduled with our asphalt roof professionals and see a new roof can transform your home. Call us today at 239-848-6613 to get started.
Schedule Your Free Roof Inspection Today!