Metal roofing has become a popular choice for residential roofs for its durability, and the most popular amongst them for homes is standing-seam metal roofs. Essentially, this type of roofing raises the seams beyond the level of the actual roof, thereby creating panels that run from the ridge to the eaves of the roof.
Standing seam metal roofing is a fierce competitor for a home roofing option against others like asphalt shingles and clay or concrete tiles. It is one of the many services Trademark Roofing provides for clients in around Cape Coral, so here we share more about it.
- Standing seam metal roofs can be pre-formed in the factory or site-formed at your residence on installation.
- There are 4 varieties of standing seam metal: Mechanically seamed, Symmetrical mechanically seamed, One Piece Snap-Lock, Two Piece Snap-Lock.
- They are defined by seam fasteners. Although they are concealed, the seam fasteners are what gives standing seam metal roofs their strength and creates the continuous ridges.
- Durability. Metal is well-known for being tough and impervious to most elements.
- Low maintenance. If installed properly, standing seam metal roofs will require very little to no maintenance.
- Longevity. A standing seam metal roof can last up to 50 years, making it a good upfront investment, and justifying its high upfront cost.
- Cooling and energy reduction. Metal’s reflective surface means solar heat is deflected, thereby reducing the need for artificial cooling (an energy cost) inside the home.
- Sleek design. A far cry from the metal roofs of earlier years, standing seam metal roofing allows for a suave, modern look with clean, contemporary lines.